We are seeking to fill additional positions in our staff. Interested? Please submit an application to email@example.com with the following information:
- Subject: Name – [Position Title]
- Year of graduation from Emerson
- What do you read?
- What do you write?
- Are you willing to serve as a reader if you’re not selected for the staff?
- Please share any past experience you have as a reader for a literary journal.
- 250 word biography that highlights your skills and personality.
Please complete the questionnaire and submit your resume or CV (if you have one) as a PDF, .doc, or .docx attachment. Keep in mind that staff positions are remote and volunteer.
All members of the staff may be called upon to read submissions, especially as deadlines draw near.
Page Turner Magazine’s submissions department strives to maintain the integrity of the submissions process. To that end, we ask that all current staff members, board members, and volunteer staff refrain from submitting content to the magazine during their period of appointment (to consist of the period leading up the publication of a given issue). All former staff members, board members, and volunteer staff are welcome to submit content after the expiry of their appointment, to be considered for subsequent issues.
The short version? Page Turner Magazine wants to keep a level table, which means you’re free to submit content for an issue you haven’t worked on.
- Responsible for the magazine design and layout; compiles both digital and print media
- Designs the cover art, social media posts, website images, and other marketing materials
- Works in both editorial and administrative positions; oversees writers and enforces deadlines
- Assists the Copy Chief with copywriting, editing, and proofreading
- Works directly with the Website Design Manager to assist with tasks such as news updates and blog posts
- Works directly with the Communications and Administrative Manager to assist with tasks such as managing schedules, taking meeting notes, drafting copy, and recording financial transactions
- Works directly with the Submissions Manager to assist with tasks such as reader communication, participant communication, and assessment tracking
- Assigns, conducts, and edits author interviews and book reviews; manages consent agreements
- Works directly with the Features Editor to assist with tasks such as interviews, book reviews, and archives
- Develops and implements innovative techniques to recruit volunteers; manages applications and facilitates volunteer relationships
- Reads around 12 submissions in a two-week period; rates each submission according to the supplied rubric and discusses stories before selecting final pieces for publication
- Works directly with the Board Chair to assist with tasks such as magazine agenda and timeline, prioritizing and delegating tasks, and the organization of personnel for said tasks
- Contribute to decisions by feedback and votes that affect the overall well-being of the magazine, staff, contributors, and readers