We are seeking to fill additional positions in our staff. Interested? Please submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Subject: Name – [Position Title]
- Year of graduation from Emerson
- What do you read?
- What do you write?
- Are you willing to serve as a reader if you’re not selected for the staff?
- Please share any past experience you have as a reader for a literary journal.
- 250 word biography that highlights your skills and personality.
Please complete the questionnaire and submit your resume or CV (if you have one) as a PDF, .doc, or .docx attachment. Keep in mind that staff positions are remote and volunteer.
All members of the staff may be called upon to read submissions, especially as deadlines draw near.
Page Turner Magazine’s submissions department strives to maintain the integrity of the submissions process. To that end, we ask that all current staff members, board members, and volunteer staff refrain from submitting content to the magazine during their period of appointment (to consist of the period leading up the publication of a given issue). All former staff members, board members, and volunteer staff are welcome to submit content after the expiry of their appointment, to be considered for subsequent issues.
The short version? Page Turner Magazine wants to keep a level table, which means you’re free to submit content for an issue you haven’t worked on.
- Design Assistant
- Works directly with the Layout Editor to assist in creating visual content for the magazine, the website, and social media. Should have some experience with Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Copy Editor
- Works directly with the Copy editor to assist in the completion of tasks such as copy editing and writing copy.
- Layout Assistant
- Works with and reports to Layout Editor on tasks such as assembling digital and/or print material, proofing layouts, collecting all necessary design/copy elements, and executing print arrangements.
- Website Design Assistant
- Works directly with the Website Design Manager to assist in the completion of tasks such as updating the website and uploading features.
- Membership Recruitment Manager
- Works to determine, develop, and implement innovative techniques to recruit volunteers. Prepares action plans and schedules to project the number of contacts to be made in order to meet staff goals, as well as manages applications. Responsible for facilitating volunteer relationships.
- Submissions Assistant
- Works with and reports directly to the Submissions Manager in order to help them complete submissions tasks.
- Editorial Assistant
- This is both an editorial and administrative position. Editorial Assistants oversee writers to make sure that they are able to submit assignments on time. They may be asked to write and/or proofread projects submitted to the Editor-in-Chief. Editorial Assistants will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief and Administrative Manager.
- Board Administrator
- Works directly with the Board Chair and Co-Chair to assist in running board meetings and business. They are responsible for running elections for the board, taking notes at meetings, and managing questions, comments, and concerns that the board receives.