Welcome, writers everywhere! The very first Page Turner Magazine Flash Fiction Contest is now open to the public! Cast your eyes below at the flash fiction prompt, and set to writing! We want to see your flashiest, fictioniest genre work.
Do you write science fiction? We want it. Fantasy horror? Yes please.
Nautical western romance?
And the best part? At the end of the contest period, we will select a winner to be published on the Page Turner Magazine site, with a chance to appear in the PTM print publication. Please see submission guidelines below, and happy writing!
February’s Prompt: Dragon fire
- Contest is open to all entrants who wish to apply.
- Submissions should run no more than 500 words in length.
- One submission per entrant, please.
- We’d love to see original work, so please submit only new material that is previously unpublished.
- We like to keep a level table at PTM with a blind reading process. Please do not include any personal information on or in your manuscript.
- Submission will be active from February 1 to March 6, after which a winner will be chosen.
How to Submit:
- Email your submissions as a .doc file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email Subject: Flash Fiction February – Piece Title
- Reminder: Do not include your name in the file name or in the piece title.
- Please include the following in the body of your email:
- Artist’s full name and/or pseudonym
- Short query: Describe your story in one to two sentences, including genre.
- A brief biography written in the third person, 100 words or fewer. Include any major publications or awards.
- Contact information
- How did you hear about us?